MenuPlease select your page
Get all the details
Get Available Payment Methods
Astrid goes to the webshop and puts all the items she wants into her cart, from the individual item pages. Then she clicks on the shopping cart icon.
On the shopping cart page, the merchant shows the items she’s buying, and asks her to fill in her name, email, national ID number, and address. Astrid then clicks “Go to Checkout”. As the checkout page loads, the webshop sends a POST call to the PAYMENT-METHODS endpoint of the AfterPay eCom API. The call contains the customer’s details and the order item details.
Based on the provided information, AfterPay returns a list of available payment methods. The merchant can then give Astrid multiple options – the standard 14-day invoice, a Consolidated Invoice or Campaign Invoice if they are available, or Part Payment options (either a fixed-term scheme or a flexible monthly payment scheme).
The response contains the following information:
Payment Methods – the details of the payment methods that AfterPay is willing to accept for this order. There will be one or more blocks, each consisting of:
- Type – as per Payment Methods.
- Title – the title of this payment method, as displayed to the customer.
- Tag – the tagline (short description) of this payment method, as displayed to the customer.
- Logo – the URL of the AfterPay logo, as displayed to the customer.
- Account – if the type is Account, this block contains additional information about flexible monthly payments.
- Campaigns – if the type is Invoice and campaign invoices are currently available, this block contains additional information about the campaign.
- Direct Debit – if the type is Invoice and direct debit is configured, this block will read “true”. You will need to collect the customer’s bank account information and pass it to AfterPay in the Capture call.
- Installment – if the type is Installment, this block contains additional information about the fixed term payments.
See the detailed API documentation for more information.